Wednesday, July 8, 2009

World's Best Son

Last night before we went to bed Lane asked if I'd wake him up early. I told him of course I would but didn't he want to sleep late. No mam he said, I want to get up early so I can fix your breakfast. Of course I told him that he didn't have to do that but he insisted.
This morning I went to wake him up and asked if he wanted to keep on sleeping or get up. He told me that he still wanted to get up early. Awww, is this not the sweetest kid in the world! He wanted to fix scrambled egg sandwiches. Since I usually have plain ole raisin bran in the mornings, this was a treat. He scrambled the eggs.
Got the bread slathered with mayo.

We sat down together, just the two of us, and had breakfast. (That's his lemonade that he chose to drink, I had milk). We always have supper together but very rarely breakfast because I'm rushing about trying to get everyone ready, so this was a very special treat. See, I told you he was the World's Best Son =o)

No comments:

Post a Comment