Monday, August 17, 2009

Amazing Grace

While tucking Lane into bed last night I could tell he had a heavy burden. He finally told me he had been wondering what he had to do to be saved. I brought him to my bedroom and while we sat on the bed I pulled my bible out and turned to the scripture. I had him read several verses out loud that told of the plan of salvation and then we discussed what they meant. When we were finished I asked him if there was anything else and he told me yes, that he wanted to ask Jesus into his heart. As tears rolled down his face he prayed the most beautiful prayer. When he was done I gave him a great big hug and asked him if he died where was he going. His face lit up in a huge smile and he said "Heaven!". He was so excited and kept repeating over and over that this was the happiest day of his life. I told him that it was one of the happiest days of my life too. Not only do I have the assurance that we will one day be in heaven together, but God gave me the greatest gift by allowing me to be there and hear him and watch him as he made the most important decision of all. The joy radiating from his face was indescribable.....AMAZING GRACE =o)

1 comment: