Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Beach Trip

We started our vacation off by taking a ride across Mobile Bay on the ferry.While on the ferry Lane had to go to the bathroom. I told him he would have to hold it until we reached the condo. By the time we drove off the ferry he was squirming around having to go really bad. I asked him if he wanted me to pull over so that he can run behind a tree. Normally he would say no but as I mentioned earlier, he had to go really bad. When he got back into the car I started to drive off but my car would not move....I was stuck!
A nice lady stopped by to help. She wanted us to try and push the car out. I knew there was NO way that would happen....lol. Then a man and his son stopped. They were very nice as well and tried everything they could think of to help, including using some of the kids sand toys to dig sand out from under the wheels. A few others stopped by and then some left to get straps for us to pull it out with. Finally we (actually they) succeeded in pulling me out. Thank God for Good Samaritans. The worst part is that our condo wasn't a 1/2 mile further down the road. If he could have only held it a little longer........lol.

Upon arriving at the condo Lori Anne quickly declared that this was her room and that she was sleeping there the whole time......
Lane, in typical male fashion, headed for the couch and remote and said that he was sleeping here the whole time....... Could this possibly mean that I would have a room all to myself? That I wouldn't have to share with anybody? I was overjoyed! But all good things are not meant to be. By the end of the evening Lori Anne had decided that she would be "really freaked out" if she had to sleep in that room all by herself and Lane quickly chimed in with "it's my turn to sleep by Mama". So we ended up rotating one child sleeping by me and the other sleeping beside the bed on the floor. Everyone was happy with the arrangements.....ahem, everyone except me, that is.

After we were all settled in we headed back out where they enjoyed catching crabs..... Catching waves......

Relaxing in the hot tub....
Swimming in the pool.....
Burying themselves in sand.....
Playing tennis......
Playing golf.......
Fishing......And general goofing off.....


Then we loaded back onto the ferry and headed back home. I thought it was amusing to see these seagulls....they also rode the ferry the whole way from Ft. Morgan to Dauphin Island. Lazy birds! And they didn't have to pay a fare =o)

No comments:

Post a Comment