Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Move Over Martha Stewart

I've been wanting to have the seats on my dining room chairs recovered for a while now (you really don't want to see a before picture). I looked and looked for fabric and finally found some I liked. There was only one problem.... it was over $20 a yard, yikes! A few weeks ago I was in TJ Maxx and came across a table cloth that I thought would work. If you'll notice below my sample fabric is laying on top of the table cloth material and they really are pretty similar. I decided to improvise the $16.99 table cloth for the fabric and I'm very happy with the out come.
Ok, Ok.... so Martha probably would have designed the fabric herself and had it made from the finest hand dyed material in some quaint village in a country overseas. But mine is water resistant and stain resistant so you really can't beat that, especially with my two messy children.

I have this container that someone gave me a while back. It's glass and it kinda looks like there's air bubbles in the glass. What can I do with it? Do I put a large candle in there with something at the base of it, flowers, what? Please help =o)

2 comments:

  1. Cool buy on the chair covers! I really like that material.

    I think candles or flowers would work in the vase. You could put the marbles in the bottom if you did either one, too. Let me know what you decided to do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Olivia, I sent this to my sister. She has similar containers / vases at her house, and she does all of these cool things with hers at every special occasion. She uses colored beads, colored glass balls, christmas ornaments, etc..you name it. She also has different color twigs / greenery / branches that she uses in the beads / balls. We'll see what Jen comes up with.

    ReplyDelete